Tallink Grupp will be serving a new five course Menu Nordic in the fine dining restaurants of the company’s cruise vessels on routes between Helsinki-Stockholm and between Tallinn-Stockholm.
Menu Nordic is available on board Silja Serenade and Silja Symphony in the Bon Vivant restaurant and on board Baltic Queen in the Gourmet restaurant.
This twice a year renewed menu is also available in a five-course vegan version and all the ingredients in both versions are sourced as locally as possible. Menu Nordic is available on board Silja Serenade and Silja Symphony in the Bon Vivant restaurants until 16th May 2023.
FIND THIS ARTICLE IN FINNISH OF MENU NORDIC- ARTIKKELI SUOMEKSI OHEISESTA LINKISTÄ
According to Chef de Cuisine Sami Leino, he wants to combine to the Menu Nordic outstanding Finnish culinary techniques mastered on Tallink Silja vessels, with a twist of Asia..
“Having worked in the culinary teams of several ships of our company’s fleet, I have noticed that our customers traditionally like pike perch and pork, and they also have a soft spot for Asian food. I am pleased that, as we head into the autumn season, I was able to create together with my team, a complete menu which brings those favourite elements together full of freshness, kick and great umami flavour to beautifully complement each other to the delight of our customers”, says Sami Leino, Chef de Cuisine on Silja Serenade.
New Menu Nordic includes pike perch, funnel chanterelle and pork cheek from Sweden and ash cheese from Finland . Tuna served is sourced sustainably and is MSC-certified. Financier pastry is prepared on board.
- Sesame tuna, funnel chanterelle and yuzu mayonnaise
- Lightly smoked pike perch, Jerusalem artichoke pure and lemongrass sauce
- Ginger glazed pork cheek, shiitake mushroom risotto
- Finnish white mould cheese rolled in ash and papaya chutney
- Popcorn ice cream, Financier pastry and salty caramel sauce
Menu Nordic vegan:
- Beetroot tartar, capers and lime sauce
- Smoked King Oyster mushroom, parsnip, haricot beans
- Jerusalem artichoke, truffle risotto and kale
- Cashew Blue and papaya chutney
- Grilled pineapple, coconut milk ice cream and chocolate sauce
Menu Nordic is available from 15th September 2022 until -2nd April 2023 ( Menu Nordic is available on board Silja Serenade and Silja Symphony in the Bon Vivant restaurant until – 16th May 2023 ). The five-course-menu set price is 79 € excluding drinks. To accompany the menu, set of wines selected by sommelier is priced at 45 €.
More about the Menu Nordic on Tallink Silja
Photos Ideal Helsinki, Feature image Tallink Silja